Guidelines Regarding Payment of Internship to students
Internship is restricted to the students of M.A. who have cleared all the four semesters
within two years from the date of enrolment. He/she shall not be in receipt of any other
scholarship/fellowship/financial benefit. Students who have completed the course and
passed M.A. shall not be eligible for internship.
- The objective of internship shall be to give the student practical experience in museum
work or help him/her to prepare for assignments/seminars/dissertation leading to
completion of M.A. degree.
- The maximum period of internship shall be six months only for a particular student.
- The amount of internship per student per month shall be Rs. 6000/-
- In case the student is required to work in a project/assignment with/at the National
Museum or another agency/Institution the total amount of internship shall be paid by the
NMI provided it has budget provision in the approved Annual Action Plan of the
- In case, if additional activity is taken as compared to Annual Action Plan of NMIHACM
at National Museum or elsewhere, it may be considered within the budget allocation of
the Institute. The Vice Chancellor has been authorized to take decision in this regard.
- In case of external Projects/ Consultancies with full funding from other agencies,
internship amount may be fixed by the Coordinator.
- In the beginning of the academic year, a merit list of students may be prepared by the
Head of the Departments based on the performance of the 4 semesters, and students may
be assigned internships from this merit list.
Apart from following the guidelines prescribed by the Institute, the Intern should submit his/her
monthly progress report through his/her controlling officer in that organization where he/she is
undergoing internship and the concerned Head of the Department in NMI.