Gandhi For All - 12th Workshop in the series - Workshop at Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam -
23rd September, 2019
The 12th workshop of the 'Gandhi for All' series was organized by Department of Museology, NMI in collaboration with Department of Culture Studies, Tezpur University for the students of Government Girls, Higher Secondary School, Tezpur and Kendriya Vidyalaya Tezpur.
As Tezpur and Assam broadly is a region chronically affected by inundations and other environmental hazards, this workshop specifically focused on Gandhiji's thoughts and philosophy on ecology using museum objects and narratives from Gandhiji's life. The workshop focused on his ideas of equality of all life forms, his criticism of mechanization and industrialization, his ideas against wastage along with his ideas of truth and non-violence.
The workshop was conducted by Paloma Bhattacharjee, Anand Hari and Ankan Guha, Research Assistants of the department under the supervision and guidance of Prof. (Dr) Manvi Seth, HoD, Museology and Dean, NMI.
The workshop included:
- Story telling session
- Photo exhibition
- Discovery trunk and hands on experience of replicas , understanding gandhijis’ ecological ideas through them.
- Object related activities
- Eco basket- An activity around the eco basket containing biodegradable things of everyday use and biodegradable waste such as rice , pulse, fallen leaves, twigs, pencil scrapes, salt , waste pieces lf cotton cloth was opened and the content was used in making a poster on gandhiji
- Skit by students of Tezpur University
- Distribution of Gandhi for all Assamese booklet
- Certificate distribution