‘Gandhi for All’- Workshop for Visually challenged students of the University school
(AMU, Aligarh) : 25th to 26th February 2019
To commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Department of Museology has been conducting a series of workshops titled ‘Gandhi for All’ in Ladakh, Delhi and Western Uttar Pradesh to reflect upon the life and principles of Mahatma Gandhi in a fun and meaningful way.
The workshops are aimed at taking the heritage of Mahatma Gandhi to all, even those who cannot visit museums. The workshop are aimed at reaching out to the students and the people living in far-flung areas like Ladakh, students of villages, visually challenged children and the paediatric patients at AIIMS.
At Aligarh Muslim University, Visually challenged students of the University school participated in the workshop. The workshop included-
- A Tactile-exhibition on Mahatma Gandhi’s life and events
- Story-telling session through skit
- Identification of ‘Khaadi’ fabric through ‘Touch and feel’ activity
- Discovery Trunk Activity: ‘Hands-on’ experience of replicas of objects from National Gandhi Museum with guided lectures
- Clay Modelling activity
- Reading session of ‘Gandhi for All’ Braille Activity booklet